I had an opinion about a neighbour…actually about 2 of my neighbours. My husband reminded me I’m not perfect.
Whoa! Was that an opinion??
So…it’s now after 10:30 at night…and I’m sitting here pondering today, thinking back through the entire day looking for my DoWoo. I certainly observed numerous areas where I could have been better at observing and releasing having any opinion…and then thank goodness, I found a DoWoo!
Our 9 year old came home with what he called “homework” for us today. The teacher gave us a questionnaire entitled “Introducing…Your Child“. What a great idea! Ooops! Slipped into a slight opinion there as well!
The form starts out by explaining “I would like to know more about your child through your eyes. The more I know, the better I can tailor an educational and motivational program to fit his or her needs. Please answer the questions and complete the information below.“
- List 5 words that best describes your child’s character.
- What motivates your child?
- What are your child’s out of school interests and activities?
- How would you rate your child’s study habits? (1-10 with being the lowest score)?
- Which academic subject is your child’s best___________ worst___________?
- What social skills would you like to see your child develop?
- Are there any personal or physical problems that I should know (or conference privately) about?
Wow! Has anyone else had a teacher send this home?
First – I have to observe our son and share information with the teacher without it being an opinion. Interesting exercise.
Second – I had the opportunity to explain to our son about my new mission / goal of sharing 365 days of DoWoos – and then got to share an explanation with him about what is the difference. He explained it back to me with his own examples. Smack on.
Lastly – I observed that our son’s new teacher is special and we look forward to getting to know her throughout our son’s school year.
Thank you for stopping by!
Please do so again (follow button below)
….and remember to share how you
DoWoo’d today. I really want to know!
Carolynn Sokil @IDoWooDoU